- Car : Max. 10 Years Old (Cars)
- Truck : No Age Restriction
- Driver’s license
- Proof of ownership (required by Nicaraguan Customs)
- Certification by the Nicaraguan Consulate from your home country
- Proof of insurance
- Vehicle info & declaration of value
- Commercial purchase agreement or invoice
- Original Bill of Lading
- Customs and border certification to be arranged by your shipment country but which you should check has been submitted at least 72 hours before the vehicle is to be exported
Regulations for importation of vehicles
- Nicaragua permits either used or new vehicles to be imported unless the vehicle is over ten years old – in such cases, it cannot be imported unless it is designated a classic. In any case, assigned taxes will be based on the car’s value and model.
- VIN Re-carving is not allowed
- Only LHD vehicles are allowed
When going through Nicaraguan Customs, it is best to have the car prepared in the manner that Customs officials prefer:
- Cleaned inside and out.
- Gas tank is ¼ full.
- No leaking fluids.
- Anti-theft devices and alarms disabled.
- No loose parts, no openings or tears.